Monday, July 9, 2012

Butterfly ATCs


Hello lovelies,  Today I have to share with you some lovely ATCs I have made for a group swap.  The concept for these was one I saw from Christy Tomlinson.  I get one of her mixed media kits every month, because what better way to add to your stock pile for one monthly price!!!  Anyway one month she sent us these wooden butterflies and showed us a video of what she did with them.  I didn’t have time then to play but when I joined back up with this monthly group I knew what I wanted to make so out came the kit and the wooden butterflies and the Dylusions Ink sprays, and an ATC was created. 

There have been lots of changes going on is my life the past year or so, some good, some bad, some that needed to happen and some that didn’t but did anyway…some were on purpose some weren’t but they all happened and I have to say my outlook on life is more positive now for them.  Anyway, it is what it is and I am happy, that’s all that matters.  So out of all of this and the mixed media kit and ATC about change was born.  I knew I wanted to use the saying I heard Christy say on the video I watched. 

butterfly atc groupHere is the group of the 4 different ones I made all the same concept just slightly different.  The saying is “There would be no Butterflies without Change”.  When I first heard that I thought that is very true and change is good.  I like it!
butterfly atcHere's a close up.  Those are micro beads from Pennywise Arts, which is also the group who has the monthly swap. 

No comments: