Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reflections

It's the day before school starts for my youngest and I sit here alone, because the kids are still sleeping, with my thoughts.  I seem to get emotional before school starts because I just don't want them to be away from me... yes they sleep way longer than I do, but then again most people do!!  but I know that they are here, upstairs, in their rooms and when they wake up they come down and give me hugs and sit with me or beg to go somewhere... I just miss them when they are at school, or gone from me no matter where they are!!

So on this day before my BABY starts high school I sit reflecting, drinking coffee and facebooking...thinking what a major milestone this is in both of our lives.  My oldest graduated high school last year and is starting college and those in and of themselves are major milestones, but today is not the day to reflect on her, because she is still home with me until monday!!!  So watch out for monday!  LOL  Back to the boy... as I said this is a major milestone!  I mean come on it HIGH SCHOOL!!!

Why does this make me emotional?  Here's a little story for you...

A few years ago, after we retired from the Navy and settled where we are now, I realized I was in a downward spiral and I wasn't doing anyone any good.  I had heard of art journaling and seen a metricbuttton of videos on different techniques and ways to do things. So I started playing around with the different techniques I saw, but could never really connect... UNTIL I found EFFY... Effy Wild and the glitterhood, which most of you know is kinda funny because I really really don't like glitter!!! LOL  BUT Effy, she helped me a lot... she was real, more real than most of the others I had seen or tried, I know weird huh?  BUT most of you know that you have connected with someone you have never met before on some level that has helped you!!!  Anyway, during one of Effy's classes she prompted us to talk about, look for, believe in Ordinary Miracles.  So as I am thinking on this subject, because most of her subjects make you think, I realize I don't have to look very far to find an ordinary miracle... I gave birth to one!!!  Now before you go off thinking I am just an over proud mommy, I am, but this is why I think Hunter is an ordinary miracle...
We had Jewel really easily, got pregnant soon after we got married, no problems with the pregnancy nothing..easy peasy right!!! we got pregnant again, when she was less than a year old, but unfortunatly we lost that baby. so a couple of years later when we decided to do it again we didn't think we would have any problems, well we did, we tried for a year with no luck then we went the fertility drug route and eventually we got pregnant, super exciting yeah!!!  This pregnancy was so hard, I was sick all the time, I had gestational diabetes, lot's of things happening, then I almost lost him, they call it placenta previa, where the placenta starts separating and that is not a good thing, so bed rest and meds it was for me, which is hard in the military world with a almost 4 year old!!!  BUT you do what you have to do for your kidlings right?!?!?

So long story short, it's a miracle he is here and I am grateful everyday that he is... So this is the art journal page that came from that prompting, my not so ordinary miracle!


2 comments:

Cara said...

I really like the black/white/red circles on the right page of your layout. :D

Kathi said...

Wonderful page! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad you found art journaling. Your art has totally blossomed and it's clear it does YOU good as well.