Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 28 of 31

Hope your having fun so far, there are so many blogs to hop to so get going!!!  I have chosen to post the blog roll on the side bar right over there-----> so make sure to follow it and leave love on all the blogs so you can win so awesome prizes!!!

So who would have thought that you could add Halloween and Christmas together.. not me, until I made a list of things I wanted to make for people for Christmas, because let's face it with the wedding, and Steven living in Idaho Falls, Hunter and I here, two mortgages and a rent payment, plus food and living for 2 households ummmm money is a bit tight here...so I am going to do a handmade Christmas this year. So I am recycling some books that we have that are to young for my children and decided to make some bookmarks to go with them.  Here is one using a Dilly Beans image.  No I am not that cheap they will get other things but what else am I to do with these books, I would rather give them to people I know as opposed to a thrift store!!! Which there is nothing wrong with thrift stores I love them but you know what I mean!!!




13 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

Love this bookmarker. Such nice coloring, lovely image. Handmade is wonderful and so appreciated.
~kim

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful bookmark and I think recycling books is a fabulous idea. I'm sure the recipiants will be thrilled. xxD

My Side of Oz said...

Hey, your not cheap just smart in hard times! My household is cutting back to meaningful gifts this year as opposed to mall fests! Probably better for us anyway! Love the book mark lovely coloring And I have a whole lot of those books that aren't special to me so guess who else will be doing this?

Laura S Reading said...

I love getting personal, handmade gifts any time. Christmas is too commercialized and face it, competitive. I think a meaningful gift is more the reason for the season.
This is not only beautiful but heartfelt.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Great bookmark. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

totally love the pastilles. Great image too

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the colouring of your book mark! And the skull...

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful bookmark! Love the pale colors you have chosen.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

We know what you mean ;0) And handmade gifts are the best kind in my opinion and this one is GORE-geous and sure to delight!

Julia said...

Love the colors and the bookmark idea.

Sarah said...

You really know how to bring Dilly Beans images to life!! I love the subtle colouring on this bookmark :)

Steph said...

Beautiful bookmark, love the softer colors.

Christine Kiehl said...

This is a very nice sugar skull image book mark! I love how you left the skull white.