Friday, October 12, 2018

Doodles Paper Playground Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sparkle Blends October Release Blog Hop for Doodles Paper Playground! This month is full of Blends that are perfect for the upcoming holiday season and beyond! The Designing Divas will be sharing projects featuring these new Sparkle Blends on their blogs and you can check out a close-up look at each of the Blends on the Doodles Paper Playground Blog. So if you just landed here because you love me, head over there to follow the blog list and see what everyone else has made!!


We have custody of the married couple this year!  Lol. We alternate years with my Daughter Jewel’s (Mary) in-laws.  This year we have them thanksgiving and Christmas Eve and they have Christmas Day, next year it will reverse!  I look forward to the years we have them both holidays, although they do only live a couple of miles away from us and we have weekly family dinners, I am just selfish and want all my kiddos with me all the time!  Especially since they are all adults now!

Anyway, this year we have them for Thanksgiving Day and I’m not sure yet if anyone else is coming.  We are waiting to hear from my Mother-in-law will be able to come after therapy.  So there could be up to 8 more!!  I’ll make place cards as I need them, they are super fun and easy to make!



My background paper is made on a 4x6 index card using distress inks and stamped with archival ink. I am obsessed with this color combo as of late.  It is mustard seed, spiced marmalade, and aged mahogany.  I think they make a fabulous fall background! I cut the background paper into 2x4 strips and added them to a piece of card stock cut 2 1/4 x 8 1/2, and scored at 4 1/4.  I then took some letter stickers from the October kit from white rose crafts (who is also the exclusive retail shop for sparkle blends) to spell out our names and then added some word and circle stickers..  I then placed sequins from the Gingerbread man sparkle blend pack and here ya go!  Quick and easy place cards!!  I hope you are having fun on this hop and remember to leave everyone some love!!

My Husband

Me

oldest daughter we call her Jewel

son-in-love


daughter

9 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome idea! So pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your pretty place cards! Perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner! I'd use this Gingerbread Man Sparkle Blend for some fall cards with leaves and pumpkins! Beautiful colors in this mix!

MadeByMeghanK said...

What a great idea! these are so festive for a Thanksgiving dinner! I love how you accented them all with the mix!

Dana M said...

Oh what lovely autumnal cards! Beautiful layers of coloring and images. Love the shine from the sequin accents.

cghundley said...

Awesome use of the
Gingerbread blend
and I would use
some for making
shaker cards.
Carla from Utah

Sue D said...

Perfect blend to make these pretty place cards. I would use this blend to make gingerbread shaker ornaments.

AlliKCreations said...

Very pretty projects!!!

AuntieM said...

The fall colors are very soothing.

Tammy Paul said...

Wonderful idea thanks for sharing