Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 10...Spellbound!





Welcome to day 10 of 31 days of Halloween. WOW time is really flying, I can't believe how fast it is going by. I am so excited now, we finally got the decorations out and about for the yard and house, although I have to say if is quite hard to keep everyone out of the candy that I have already...including me!!! Although I will be getting more for the kiddies who come trick or treating!

Today I wanted to make something that could be set on the shelf either as a closed book or when open as a great decoration. It would be a great way to display pictures when you have left overs from scrapping, or if you don't scrap it's a great way to display pictures. I have to say though that I just used stamps, stickers, and 3-d embellishments to decorate this one.

It is a spellbound binder. A place to hold all the little spells that you may or may not have and also those lists of creepy things that you have to get to make the spells happen. I used charms and beads to decorate it, and black hemp twine to tie it all together. I love it and can't decide where I want to display it yet but it will be out in the open. I hope you enjoy!!!
Front of book
Top view( this is what it looks like when openOne of the side views
Spells for the insertsBack of book
To get the spooky schedule of events, please read my sidebar where you'll find all the information about challenges, projects, and the HUGE BLOG CANDY worth well over $150 that we will be giving away to one lucky follower at the end of the month! Don't forget to go over to Smeared and Smudged to see what Terra has for you today!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cool!! I love the pattern, and such a neat halloween idea! LOVE IT!!!!!

C. Sage Deerborn said...

Fantastic idea. Just love yours.

Stitchinwitch said...

That is such a great idea. Where can I find instructions (a bit confuzzled about the inserts)