Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some Like it HOT!!!!

Hello Lovelies,
Welcome to the August edition of the Bombshell Blog Hop!  This month we are having a combined hop with the girls over at Gauche Alchemy!!!  Totally cool!  Our theme this month is Some like it Hot, Hot, Hot.  We got our inspiration from the move Some Like it Hot, and from the song, Hot, Hot, Hot!  I have to admit, I had not seen the movie, but had heard the song so I was going to go with that in the beginning, then decided to look up the movie to see what I could see! Once I saw pictures of the movie poster you could have blown me away with a feather, can you say ga ga over it!!!, I totally love black and white movies, pictures, anything really.  So I ran with it.  Now we all know that Marilyn is famous for her white dress image, among other things, but I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't leave it white, no matter how hard I tried, so I thought what color do you think of when you think hot.....ummmmmmmmmmm  RED so that's where I went.  The whole card is shades of gray with a red pop of the clothing!  I think Marilyn would have loved it!


Ok Ok so they are crappy pictures.  I realized when I started to take them earlier, that the camera battery was dead and by the time it charged, the sun was gone, and the house lighting ummmm SUCKED!!!  You get the meaning of the project anyway, right?




Check this out!


Now hop on over to my lovely friends blogs to continue your journey on the awesome combined hop!




Kas
Gauche Alchemy
Kelli
Maggi
AnitaMarie
Katie
Cheryl
Angela
Erika
Kathi
Pam
Sy
Meredith
Laura
Merdrey Chew
Angie
Yvonne
Steph
Carmen
Terra
Alaine
Alison

26 comments:

Anita Bownds said...

i think your card is fantastic kelli,i love that font you have used.... i so hate it when the battery in the camera dies and then how long it takes for them to charge up a total pain.!!..hugs Anita

GlitteryKatie said...

Great card!!!

Alison said...

Great job! Love the font you used!!!

~Lady B~ said...

i love the pop of red! great job!

Kas said...

Kelli, so glad you hopped....love it you Bombshell you.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Kelli - she is HOT!! I love her red "bunny" suit highlighted and popped out by the delicious shades of grey you chose!! The lighting in the first pic is actually really cool and shadowy giving it that vintage and sultry vibe.

Awesome creation hon!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Maggi said...

You can never go wrong with red, love the card!

Happy Hop Day! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome card! Love red, like the "Woman in Red" doing the MM thing over the grate!! :D

Unknown said...

Love it Kelli. Your work is always so fun. Hope you are well.

Toodles

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kelli, what a fab interpretation of the theme! Your card is smoking hot and I think red was an awesome choice ;D You go, grrl!

Nicole Maki said...

Cute card, Kelli.

You really captured the Marilyn vibe.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Participating in this hop has give me the sudden urge to expand my Bombshell Stamp collection!!!

Unknown said...

I love your card very Marilyn
Luv Jane xxx

Marilyn said...

Great card, and that touch of red is just perfect! So Marilyn!

joyce rodli said...

It makes me wonder if there is a way for the bombshell stamps to be pose-a-ble? CanCan kick, etc. Any ways I like your card Kelli and the fact that you couldn't keep from coloring it.

KarmaCraft said...

Black and White and RED!! Nothing wrong with that lady! It's pretty much all I wore in high school.

I know how you feel re: lighting. My house is lit by fluorescent light. Baah. ;(

salamanda said...

Love the colour combo and the foxy lady

Unknown said...

I think Marilyn would approve...

Carmen said...

I love black & white films too, especially Bette Davis :P

Love the Bombshell you used - think she could quickly become a favourite, this hop is making me NEED to get my first set SOON *g*

yyam said...

I love the pop of red against the b/w background! :)

P/s: I hate it when my battery runs out just as I'm about to catch the last bit of daylight!

Alaine said...

Love the black and white. Also the red pop of color was inspired.

Kathi said...

Totally fabulous. There's something about black and red together...

sparkly engineer said...

Really like the red splash with the grey background.

Laura (Faerielore) said...

love this so much, i love the bright red contrasting the grey background xxx

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

wow.. Loved that dash of red on the card.. Marilyn would have loved it :D

KC said...

great card! the red is awesome!