Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 17.... Boxed Napkins

Wondering what the heck I'm talking about?  Well let me tell ya.  Today I have for you an altered box.  I love boxes, don't know why I just do!  Anyway I took this small box and decided to alter it.  I painted the inside and outside black, then covered it with this paper napkin.  YEP I said paper napkin!  Isn't that wicked, not the technique, the napkin!!!  I received that in a lovely RAK last year from Terra!  Thank you again! 
*please excuse the dog hair, it's everywhere!


Told ya that napkin was awesome!  So I bet your going, ummm Kelli, there is supposed to be a stamped image on it somewhere right?  Well my box has a little secret....wanna know what it is?
My box has a hidden compartment!!!  I thought that was the coolest thing when I saw it!  Again sorry about the dog hair, I didn't have time to crop the pics before posting!!!
So you know with hidden compartment boxes, things just jump out at you!!!  So in my box is part of the same napkin I used to cover the box, to nestle the heart image I used from the Quoth the Raven set from Smeared Ink.  I totally love this set!

So let me know what you think then head on over to the side bar and start another fantastic journey for the day to see what the other lovelies have created!!!! 

C-YA tomorrow!

12 comments:

Daniella said...

Kelli! That napkin is wicked!! Love the pop up heart!! I love anatomy images!! Awesome!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Fab box and really cool napkin. LOVE the surprise inside! xxD

Stitchinwitch said...

Love the napkin and the pop out heart

ldfdesign said...

the napkin is wicked cool! love the pop out heart!!! great job!!!!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

WOW! Love it all. I must do some boxes. They are so cool on so many levels!!! Love the jump out heart!

Unknown said...

Great box and I love the napkin with the surprise inside. great job. I'm going box hunting.

Unknown said...

Great box love the napkin
Luv Jane xxx

Steph said...

Great project, such a cool box and the napkin is fab. I like that the heart pops out ... hehehe cool!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

you can't beat a jumping heart and this will surely make someones heart jump when they open it. Great napkin as well
Helen x

KC said...

WOW what a great box! the inside is just as cool as the outside!!!

SuzieQ said...

Great box - love it! The inside too! Hey, the dog hair adds character to the background ;)

Sugar said...

I love pop out stuff!! this is awesome