Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bombshell Bloghop

Hello lovelies, yes you read correctly, a Bombshell Blog Hop!!!  I have missed them so. You should have come from Rachael's blog This month we were challenged to make a wedding themed project for the hop and I have made something that I think could interpert wedding/love.  A while ago while perusing through the thrift shops I came across this little lantern that needed a little help.  You all know me though, if I think I can fix it I will own it and nothing will stop me!!! LOL  Anyway, I picked it up and knew right away what I wanted to do with it, but never could settle on a stamp set to use.  So when this challenge came along i knew that I could finally make it.  So here I am stamping on vellum and coloring with copics thinking why stop at one set, so my future will be filled with more vellum so that I can change out the pictures when I get the whim. 

As I said I don't know if most would consider it wedding, but itis about love, and you really shouldn't have a wedding without love...at least that's my opinion!!  Anyway it's about love and not only for the saying on the sides but because i incorporated my family into it.  I used the children's favorite colors, which is why there is a blue and an orange, and the hubby well he's in everything I do.... oh my that sounded sappy...as my goodriend BD would say, here's the sick bucket!!!! 







Doesn't it glow so pretty!!!

The poem says: Life without love, it's often said, is a seedless garden where the flowers are dead.

So now what to do with it.... well  I just got a new patio set with a gazebo so I am thinking it will hand from the center of the gazebo for all to see!!! So now off you go to Cheryl's blog to continue your Bombsell journey today!!! Enjoy and make sure to leave everyone some love!!!

12 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

How incredibly creative. What a beautiful project. I need to find a lantern.

Mary G. said...

Wow- how creative!! I probably wouldn't have looked twice at the lantern in the thrift store, but look at the fabulously, wonderful thing you've created!!! Way to rock the challenge!!!

Alison said...

Ooh! What a cool idea! And it came out awesome! I love the idea that you can change out the vellum when you feel like it too. Great color choices!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Kelli, this is gorgeous and soooo clever! What fantastic images you've selected and you'll have to post pics when you change out the panels. I just love it!

Rachael said...

Kelli, oh what a fantastic idea! i *just* saw a lantern like this in a thrift shop, I think I need to go back for it now!! Nicely done! :D

Kathi said...

Very, very cool! I love the look of those beautifully colored images backlighted by candles.

Pookie said...

very pretty. I love it.
pookie
moonqueen69@yahoo.com

Kas said...

Kelli...it is just beautiful. I think it is a great wedding gift or decoration!

Unknown said...

loved reading how this project came together - very cool indedd
Perderg@q.com

Nicole Maki said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

I can't say enough nice things about this gorgeous project. I especially loved how you used your families favorite colors.

joydee1963 said...

great project,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Rosa Witten said...

It does glow sooo pretty! Just Beautiful! :)