Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11 of 31

Hello Lovelies,  I hope this day finds you all doing spookingly well!!!  I have for you today another Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls challenge!  Today we challenge you to design your project around the works of  Terry Gilliam.    There are some awesome project over on the blog with all the challenge information so head over there for all the bits and baubles you need for this!!!
I based my card off of this movie poster!

This is one crazy movie, if you haven’t seen it I recommend it!  Here is my project:
IMG_1055
Now for my 31 days project.  I made this wreath for a friend of mine.  I sent it out to her so that she could use it this Halloween if she wanted to!  I used the Build a Zombie set from Smeared Ink.  I am showing you what the set looks like because unless you look really closely you can’t see where I stamped on the paper!

So what I did was stamp the top half of the page(no alphabet) onto regular printer paper.  I then cut each of these in half and added two pages from old books.  There are also flowers that just have pages from old books!  I then rolled my arms off!!!LOL  This wreath took 152 flowers to fill!!!  I think it turned out wonderfully and hope my friend does too!!
IMG_1014
IMG_1016
This is a close up of one of the flowers with the stamped images!
IMG_1017
So let me know what you think and remember to visit everyone else!!!

19 comments:

Sugar said...

oh man! that wreath is tooooo cool! I love it!

ike said...

AWESOME wreath - it's soooo coool. Great project for BTBD too - you have been busy :-) xxxx

~Lady B~ said...

OMG, Kelli! I was soooo surprised to receive this in the mail! Your work is incredible! Even my hubby marveled at the craftsmanship and when I pointed out that you used stamp images in the flowers he said, "Whoa!". This must have taken you forever...and you gave it to me...I am so touched! This gift totally lifted my spirits as Sept. and Oct. have been rough so far. Thank you just doesn't seem to express my gratitude! Luvs Ya! I will take pics of it hanging this weekend and post it so everyone can see this awesome wreath in its new home!

FitterTwit said...

It WAS a crazy movie (signature Terry Gilliam) and your projects are AWESOME!!!

ldfdesign said...

your card is great and goes with the movie perfect! i love how the girl pops off the background! i'm so glad i'm the friend you are sending that BADASSSSSS wearth too (kidding, kidding, about you sending it to me) that wreath is fanasitic all the hard work was worth it!

Steph said...

What a magnificent wreath! 152 flowers, wow!!! Will you show us how to make one of those flowers, or is there already a tut somewhere??

Monique's art said...

wow you've been busy, love the wreath

Unknown said...

Awesome project love it
luv Jane xxx

Sharon Sahl said...

The wreath is completely amazing and such a thoughtful gift for Lady B! I'd like to see how to do those flowers too. And love your interpretation of the movie poster too. I love looking at photos or artwork and trying to interpret it with rubber stamps!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

holy guacamole girl! This is beautiful, but yeah- a TON of work. That must be a pretty fabulous friend :)

Laura B said...

Wowza! That wreath is incredible! I love your card, too. I've always enjoyed Terry Gilliam.:)

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Wowzer... I love both creations!!! I really love your wreath!!! That must have taken forever... I bet she will just adore it!!! I know I do!!! Awesome Project!!!!!

jennifer said...

wow, awesome wreath. I would love to do this some day!

Scrap Vamp said...

Fabulous card! And that wreath is AMAZING! So pretty!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! That wreath is aaamazing! Can't believe all the work that went into it. Lucky Lady B! Your Terry Gilliam card is really cool too. Fabulous projects. xxD

KristyLee said...

Wow that wreath is the coolest thing I have ever seen!
Boy you put some work into that! For that I commend you, your patients, & I'm sure your hand were hurting! Just a super great job, and I love your other 2 project too!
Peace,
KristyLee

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh wow Kelli, both projects are gorgeous!

Susan said...

BRAVA!!! That was a lot of work!!
Cool wreath!
Susan

I Don't Do Straight said...

Kelli your wreath is beautiful and it was very kind of you to gift it to your friend :)